High Speed Trolling Weights
- Custom-rigged on 304 SS cable with 480lbs of breaking strength
- Available in sizes from 16 to 64 ounces
- Sold with or without shock leaders
- Billfisher and Diamond ball bearing snap swivels used on trolling weights and shock leaders
- One looped end, one swivel end – no swivel to swivel connections
- Diamond chafe gear
- Made in USA using reclaimed lead
- Save a buck or so by bundling leader and lead
Trolling Weights - With or Without Shock Leaders
Custom rigged trolling weights are a great way to present your bait deeper in the water column. This is important for catching hungry wahoo. We carefully rig our trolling weights on 36 inches of 304 stainless steel cable.
Because our cable breaks at 480lbs, you get a very strong product. In addition, we use chafe gear on both ends of the stainless loops, resulting in a more reliable product. It's important when buying offshore cigar weights to look for a loop on one end and a swivel on the other. If your weights have a swivel on both ends, you're going to have a swivel to swivel connection at some point. That doesn't make any sense, and means you've got extra metal in the water. We single crimp our connections because there is no need for double crimping. Double crimping puts additional metal in the water, and is unnecessary. Our swivels are not the usual garbage coast lock you'll find on a lot of trolling weights for wahoo. We use Billfisher 320lb ball bearing snap swivels on our trolling leads.
We sell shock leaders separately. Our shock leaders are 25 feet of 250lb or 400lb Momoi Smoke Blue Hi-Catch mono. We crimp a 200lb Diamond ball bearing snap swivel to the business end, and a loop in the end that attaches to your trolling weight. All loops feature Diamond chafe gear.