Starry Flounder Gyotaku Artwork Print by Dwight Hwang
- Starry Flounder Gyotaku print showcases a truly unique gamefish
- Gyotaku is a traditional method of Japanese fish printing
- Technique dates back to the 1800s
- Dwight Hwang is a world renowned Gyotaku artist, well-known for his amazing work with fish, plants, birds, and more
- Originals are made using the traditional Japanese "direct" method - using Sumi ink directly on the fish, then covering the fish with Washi paper to produce a precise mirror image
- Dwight has partnered with organizations such as NOAA and Patagonia
- Featured in Forbes Magazine
- Archival prints ship direct from artist, please allow additional shipping time
- Sizes available include: 13" x 19" | 17" x 22" | 20" x 30"
Thanks to Dwight Hwang and his incredible Gyotaku, this flat fish looks like it's 3D
The Starry Flounder is a neat little fish. This flat species lies in wait on the ocean floor, then sabotages its prey. You'll surely appreciate the amazing job Dwight Hwang has done in capturing the intricacies of these saltwater gamefish. Dwight employs the traditional direct method of Japanese Gyotaku, which allows him to create a mirror image of the fish specimen on paper.
Choose from one of three available sizes to best utilize your space. Each print is museum grade Giclee on Epson brand premium paper.
Recent Customer Feedback
"They always have great service and their products are also first rate"
"Clarkspoon Shad jigs were hard to find but the Tackle Room had plenty of all colors. The service was very quick. Had them in two days."
Great Seller, Fast Shipping2023-01-08
"I ordered from this company before. Great company and fast shipping."
"Great service, on time delivery"
Quick Delivery, packaged securely, products appear to be high quality.2022-12-22
"Everything right down to the personalized Thank you note was perfect."