Snook Gyotaku Artwork Print by Dwight Hwang
- Snook are a staple species of the Florida saltwater fishery
- Gyotaku is a traditional method of Japanese fish printing
- Technique dates back to the 1800s
- Dwight Hwang is a world renowned Gyotaku artist, well-known for his amazing work with fish, plants, birds, and more
- Originals are made using the traditional Japanese "direct" method - using Sumi ink directly on the fish, then covering the fish with Washi paper to produce a precise mirror image
- Dwight has partnered with organizations such as NOAA and Patagonia
- Featured in Forbes Magazine
- Archival prints ship direct from artist, please allow additional shipping time
- Sizes available include: 13" x 19" | 17" x 22" | 20" x 30"
Show some Snook love with this museum quality Gyotaku print.
The Snook (Robalo, Sergeant Fish) is one of the most prized gamefish species for Florida anglers. These robust fighters are a blast to catch and can reach weights near 60 pounds. Dwight Hwang has done an impeccable job immortalizing these popular gamefish with his world-renowned Gyotaku artwork. By utilizing the traditional direct method of Japanese Gyotaku, Dwight has captured every last detail of these strong fish.
Choose from one of three available sizes to best utilize your space. Each print is museum grade Giclée on Epson brand premium paper.
Recent Customer Feedback
Great Service and Fast Shipping!8/31/23
"Matt and Bryan go above and beyond to make sure you are satisfied with each purchase. Always a great experience ordering from the Tackle Room!"
Great products at great prices8/7/23
"Always satisfied with the quality of the products..
Ty Danny Mac"
"Prompt, courteous, knowledgeable, customer support"
Always the Best8/21/23
"The Tackle Room always has the stuff that is hard to find."
Always a Pleasure9/4/23
"Fast shipping and always a pleasure to purchase from The Tackle Room!"