Hawaiian Ono (Wahoo) Gyotaku Artwork Print by Dwight Hwang
- Hawaiian Ono print showcases one of the oceans fastest predators
- Gyotaku is a traditional method of Japanese fish printing
- Technique dates back to the 1800s
- Dwight Hwang is a world renowned Gyotaku artist, well-known for his amazing work with fish, plants, birds, and more
- Originals are made using the traditional Japanese "direct" method - using Sumi ink directly on the fish, then covering the fish with Washi paper to produce a precise mirror image
- Dwight has partnered with organizations such as NOAA and Patagonia
- Featured in Forbes Magazine
- Archival prints ship direct from artist, please allow additional shipping time
- Sizes available include: 13" x 19" | 17" x 22" | 20" x 30"
This Dwight Hwang Hawaiian Ono Gyotaku print features incredible detail and is perfect for framing.
The Ono or Wahoo is one of our favorite fish to catch and eat. These lightning fast predators put up a nice fight and boast some of the sharpest teeth in the ocean. You'll find that Dwight Hwang has done a truly incredible job capturing this species in all its glory. Using the traditional direct method of Japanese Gyotaku, Dwight is able to create a mirror image of the fish specimen on paper.
Choose from one of three available sizes to best utilize your space. Each print is museum grade Giclee on Epson brand premium paper.
Recent Customer Feedback
"They always have great service and their products are also first rate"
"Clarkspoon Shad jigs were hard to find but the Tackle Room had plenty of all colors. The service was very quick. Had them in two days."
Great Seller, Fast Shipping2023-01-08
"I ordered from this company before. Great company and fast shipping."
"Great service, on time delivery"
Quick Delivery, packaged securely, products appear to be high quality.2022-12-22
"Everything right down to the personalized Thank you note was perfect."